Holy Family Academy of Bayonne is a small, Catholic college preparatory school
for young women. Reflecting diverse intellectual abilities, socioeconomic levels and cultural backgrounds, we are an educational community committed
to challenging and guiding each student in her pursuit of academic excellence.
We are a community of faith composed of students, faculty, staff, parents, and alumnae focused on the formation of
Women of Vision as Christian leaders who encourage respect for life, appreciate human dignity and take an active role in society.
We, the Holy Family Academy Community, challenge ourselves to live and work so
that all people may be united with God and with one another. As a private
secondary school for young women, we encourage our students to discern and
love truth, to follow right reason and to revere God in all creation. Since all
learning within the Christian community is based on integrity and Christian
moral principles, we encourage the practice of these principles through service
and community building within and beyond the school environment.
We offer a strong academic and co-curricular program. As we guide students to
acquire skills, learn concepts, form healthy and right relations and make
judgments, we honor responsible freedom. We strive to develop character,
initiative, leadership and citizenship, and we believe that each student
possesses unique talents and qualities that will help her develop into a
well-rounded young woman with a strong sense of values.
To help each student realize her uniqueness we strive to achieve:
- To transmit the Christian message through our teaching and
our example in order to assist students in developing a mature and personal
relationship with Christ by:
- Studying the life and mission of the Church;
- Participating in liturgical celebrations;
- Guiding each student to recognize and accept her unique gifts as a
woman in her own personal development, in relationships in the church
and in society.
- To provide our students with a curriculum that will give fundamental
knowledge and skills for life as well as exposure to aesthetic cultural values by:
- Offering a variety of courses on all academic levels within an intensive or block schedule;
- Integrating technology into the curriculum as elements of instruction enrichment and assessment;
- Stimulating creative, independent and critical thinking;
- Presenting challenges to the individuality of each student.
- To extend the interests and concern of our students beyond
themselves into the total community, and to foster in them a desire to
acquire those qualities of heart, mind and body necessary for effective
service to others by:
- Implementing co-curricular activities such as academic clubs, musical
and dramatic presentation, literary publication, art exhibits and field
- Providing athletic programs, which allow for a spirit of cooperation and accomplishment;
- Guiding our students through counseling and teacher interaction to
recognize and develop leadership skills and make wise decisions concerning
- Participating in service-learning and outreach projects.